Sunday, July 12, 2009

Interruption of the Flow

For a lazy Sunday afternoon, I'm feeling extra lazy. And blogger is annoying the shit out of me. Oh yeah... I've decided to start swearing online when appropriate. No worries, I'm not gonna become a vulgar person for the sake of vulgarity. But I may sprinkle my notes with a bit of the crass from time to time. And a bit of the pure. With a side of sex. And a hint of nostalgia. All those things that run through a man's brain on a lazy Sunday (and in a few weeks time, we'll add football to that equation).

Man. For the first time in a while, I didn't qualify that with the word "young". Maybe because I'm not young anymore. Not really. Though I'm still not feeling wildly grown up. But I'm working on it and it's happening more and more everyday.

I haven't been here in a while.

On the blog.

I stopped.

I ... forgot.

I'm sorry.

I actually am trying to revamp the entire thing, but blogger has been evil today and the changes stick but do not show. Maybe by now, they will. I can only hope.

I will concede, for a lazy Sunday, I'm really stoked about a lot of things. There's potential swirling about and I'm trying to grasp on to some of it to make it kinetic. Trying to write. Trying to be heard. Trying to love.

I want her.

Okay, that was a jump. A little jarring. But it's true.

Who? You ask.

Well, that's just something you'll have to live with not knowing. But rest assured that thoughts have formed and actions may be taken. I say 'may' because while I want her, I don't know if I should. And that's a cop-out, admittedly. To steal from Joss Whedon's "Serenity" -- 'If I truly wanted someone bad enough... wouldn't be a thing in the 'verse could stop me from going to her.' I spend too much time worrying about all the things I have to do and putting goals ahead of things like love, that I start to feel like Whedon's Simon -- never leaving time for myself when it comes to matters of the heart.

But then I've posted and lamented on that plenty that I need not dwell on it today. No, other things to dwell on. Scripts that sit dormant that need hammered out. A blue sky that knocks at my window and deserves attention. Lunch with a friend.

More (possibly) coming soon.

For now, I'm gonna get back to the other writing.

If you can see the new layout (and you're still reading my blog), let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Thwarting Complacency.