Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Recharging the Batteries

Six words. 60 seconds each. Then a line of dialogue and 3 minutes to scribble out a conversation. Another. Then another. If I'm up for it, a monologue to follow. A basic writing workout, courtesy of my best friend. 15 minutes or more of daily writings to get my juices flowing.

And I'm gonna need those juices.

This Fall, I embark on a new journey --- another life shifting chapter, or whatever you wish to call it --- enrolling in the Professional Program in Playwriting at Ohio University. Had the pleasure of spending some time in Athens last weekend, checking out the work of my predecessors and future contemporaries at OU. It felt great being there, hearing the new work at the festival, and getting to know the MFA playwrights.

Following on the coat-tails of my trip to the Last Frontier Theatre Conference, I feel recharged heading into the summer. There's much to be said for placing oneself in an environment of success, of purpose. The past few weeks have been so centered on writing that it seems almost wrong that I've waited even five days to seriously get moving on some serious writing.

So let's get going, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Thwarting Complacency.